Top 7 Foods You Should Never Eat
There are foods that seem so healthy, but in reality, these foods poses bad effects on health especially to those who needs to lose weight. Here are seven foods that you should never eat.
1. White bread is widely consumed in many countries as staple food. If you are trying to lose weight and living in a country where rice is the staple food, you are more likely to replace it with a white bread. Sad truth: white bread is one of the foods you should never eat. It contains no nutritional value and has lots of sugar and has the ability to make you feel like craving for more foods, as reported by MyDiet. Try replacing it with whole grain or whole wheat bread.
2. Fried foods are known for its bad effects on health. With less nutritional value and cause of more serious health issues in the long run, these foods belong to the list. Aside from high blood pressure and high cholesterol it provides, it also causes digestive system problems such as acid reflux leading to cramps and gas pains with irritable bowel syndrome. Some of these are fried chicken, French fries and doughnuts. You should consider baking or broiling your food instead of frying it in a pan.
3. Salad is known to be healthy. However, cream-based salad dressing makes it bad. These salad dressings are full of fat and calories especially those that are tastier. You may replace it with oil-based dressing like olive oil with a dash of salt and pepper with some herbs like oregano.
4. Regular soy sauce, while it contains low calories and a good source of riboflavin and vitamin B-6, it also contains tons of sodium that causes hypertension. "There are so many low-sodium, lighter soy sauce options, there's no reason to buy the regular stuff anymore," says nutritionist Bonnie Taub-Dix.
5. Bacon has only 45 calories per strip, but it is packed with sodium, preservative sodium nitrate and fats. If you are looking for some crunch on your salad or sandwich, vegetables or some nuts are good options, as reported by Fitness Magazine.
6. Yes, tomatoes have tons of nutritional values. However, if you need some tomato sauce, just consider making your own. Tomato is not traditionally considered sweet; however, jarred tomato sauce from the store is as it contains tons of sugar.
7. If you love cereals in the morning, avoid sugary cereal. These cereals are high in inflammation-causing sugar and gluten content. For some people with sensitive skin, gluten can exacerbate breakouts, leading to increased redness and, yes, more breakouts," says Dr. Elizabeth Tanzi, codirector of the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery in Washington.