Doctors Forced to Induce Labor after Pregnant Woman eats LSD-Laced Meat
A 31-year-old pregnant woman, Jessica Rosado, was forced into labor after consuming red meat that was laced with the stimulant lysergic acid diethylamide, more commonly known as LSD. The woman's boyfriend, 24-year-old Ronnie Morales and her two children, aged six and seven, were all hospitalized as well.
According to the family, they had eaten a bottom round steak this past Monday that was purchased from a Walmart store located in Tampa. Morales was the first one to feel extremely ill after dinner. Instead of waiting for the first 911 call to respond, Rosado took matters into her own hands and drove her family to the hospital. Once she reached the hospital, she and her daughters started feeling ill as well.
Being nine-months-pregnant, Rosado was immediately transported to the St. Joseph's Women's Hospital. At the women's hospital, doctors induced labor and helped deliver a healthy baby boy. Her two daughters, Elyana and Royna, were treated as well after they reported hallucinating. The two girls were hospitalized with tracheal intubation.
Morales and the two girls were released on Wednesday and Rosado was discharged from the hospital a day later. The Tampa officials have started to investigate the case. So far, forensic investigators have taken the meat products from the family's household for tests. They also plan on testing the family's oven for any signs of LSD.
"Initial test results received today from the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner's Office determined the family consumed bottom round steak contaminated with LSD," the investigators said according to the New York Daily News.
Walmart has released a statement saying, "We know our customers expect safe, quality food and we require our suppliers to meet the highest of food safety standards. It's unclear where and how the food was tampered with or if the tampering occurred after purchase. However, out of an abundance of caution, we have pulled the remaining product from the store."
The family members have also ben tested but the results would not be available for another few weeks.