Maggot-Infested Wig From Corpse Gnaws Into Woman's Skull
A Kenyan woman started experiencing severe headaches after she was fitted with human hair weave that was packed with flesh-eating maggots that burrowed into her head.
Irene Myangoh from Nairobi went to the salon for to get extensions that doctors believe may have come from a corpse.
Two week later she started suffering blinding headaches that could not be cured by painkillers.
She sought medical attention, but blood tests and a brain scan came back negative.
Afterwards, she went back to her doctor who reportedly found live maggots gnawing into her skull. According to iReportersTV, the doctor said that the live maggots might have hatched from eggs left in the hair of a dead body.
However, the salon manager said she had fitted ten weaves from the packages where Myangoh's came from. She added that she had sold 150 pieces from the the entire batch in less than two months.
"I am shocked to hear this because this is the first time such a thing is happening to my clients," the manager, who did not want to be named, told Daily Mail.
"I will get more information from my supplier because we import these weaves from the UK, USA and India," she said.
She explained that the hair supplier might have sent her rejects from a factory. She said that the supplier promised to compensate Myangoh, who had to shave her hair and take antibiotics for two weeks.
Dr CK Musau, a surgeon at Nairobi hospital, told iRepotersTV that he had seen ten similar cases in the last six months.
"It is unfortunate how the West has influenced Kenyan youth, especially ladies," he told iReportersTV. "They should stick to their natural African beauty as opposed to trying to ape what they see."