Friday, December 04, 2020
Stay connected with us

Home > News

Arizona Teen Finds Worm in his McDonald's Sausage McMuffin

Update Date: May 22, 2013 12:47 PM EDT

A high school senior says he won't be dining at McDonald's anytime's soon after he found a slimy worm in his Sausage McMuffin.

Derrick Holt later spoke out on Twitter about the incident, which happened at a McDonald's in Buckeye, Arizona.

"Found a worm in my @McDonalds sausage mcmuffin. Manager said it was a bone, tore it up and threw it," Holt tweeted from his social media account.

Holt, who was later interviewed by USA Today, said that the manager of the fast food restaurant reached out to Holt took his stomach-churning McMuffin and gave him a full refund.  Afterwards, a McDonald's corporate employee reached out to Holt and said that the McMuffin incident was under investigation and offered Holt some free meal tickets.

But it was too late.  Holt believes he accidentally swallowed half of the worm, and since his meal of worms he has been diagnosed with gastroenteritis, according to Huffington Post. Holt is currently undergoing tests for parasites and will remain out of school until his stomach virus symptoms clear up. However, it is still unclear whether Holt's illness is connected to the faulty McDonald's Sausage McMuffin.

Holt told USA Today that whatever the outcome of the McDonald's investigation, he won't be eating at the famous fast food chain anytime soon.

See Now: What Republicans Don't Want You To Know About Obamacare

Get the Most Popular Stories in a Weekly Newsletter
© 2017 Counsel & Heal All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Conversation

EDITOR'S Choices