Sargento Recalls Cheese Products For Possible Listeria Contamination
Makers of Sargento cheese announced on Friday a recall of their cheese products due to a possible listeria contamination. Deitsch Kase Haus, LLC of Middlebury, Indiana had notified Sargento Foods Inc. that the Longhorn Colby cheese supplies that were delivered to them may be contaminated with Listeria monocyctogenes. The company is closely monitoring and gathering information.
According to Penn Live, no illness has been reported. The recalled products are 6.84-ounce packages of Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby that have Sell-by dates of April 12 and May 10, 2017 UPC 4610000228. Included in the recall is the 8-ounce packages of Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese that have sell-by dates of June 4 and July 12, 2017 UPC , 4610040041. Products were packaged at the Sargento Plymouth, Wisconsin factory and were distributed nationwide.
Products on the same line as the affected cheese have also been recalled. They are the following:
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000109 with Sell By date 11JUN17B
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000108 with Sell By dates 12JUN17B, 09JUL17B and 10JUL17B
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040002 with Sell By dates H14JUN17 and F28JUN17
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014 with Sell By date F05JUL17
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076 with Sell By date F05JUL17
According to Capcod Today, Sargento Foods Inc. said in a statement that their valued consumers can contact them with their questions and concerns. The company will continue to respond consumers and activate reimbursements.
Please call 1-800-CHEESES (1-800-243-3737) or email Sargento via the "Contact Us" page on Sargento.com. Phone calls will be answered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central Time. Emails response are within 24 hours.
For more information, visit the Sargento website.