'No Man's Sky' Delay: Release Date For PS4 & PC Launch Confirmed
One of the developers of the highly-anticipated No Man's Sky says he has received death threats after confirming a six-week delay to the release date of his game.
According to Forbes, confirming last week's rumor, Hello Games developer Sean Murray wrote on the PlayStation Blog that "some key moments needed extra polish". With this setback, Murray reported on Twitter that he too had received "loads of death threats" over the news, and he joked that he had turned his home into a Home Alone-style fortress as a result.
The open-world galaxy exploring game is set to release August 9 in North America, August 10 In Europe, and August 12 in the UK. As a result, the space exploration game will be release on these dates for the Playstation 4 and PC, rather than the original date of June 21.
A minority of the internet reacted bizarrely at first to Jason Schreier who broke the news prompting the latter to share the threat he received via Twitter.
Developer Hell Games' managing director Sean Murray had this to say about the delay: "As we approached our final deadlines, we realized that some key moments needed extra polish to bring them up to our standards."
"I think people really like the concept, but it's very important for me to deliver on that," said Murray during an interview with Stuff way back in March.
"When we set out to make the game, we wanted people to have this emotion, like they're landing on a planet and feeling like no one has ever been there before. It's not like a typical video game. "You don't start off in prison, then someone throws you a gun and you have to rescue your dad or something.
"It's about finding these places and becoming more engrossed in them," the developer added.