Favorite Ice Cream Flavor Predicts Personalities
Are you a chocolate or vanilla person? A new study reveals that your favorite ice cream flavor can predict your personality.
New research conducted by Baskin-Robbins in celebration of National Ice Cream month identifies what some ice cream flavors may suggest about individual personalities.
"We uncovered quite a few surprising finds," researcher Dr. Alan Hirsh, founder of Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation said in a news release.
"For instance, we found that people who prefer Rainbow Sherbet are more pessimistic than you would think, in spite of the flavor's bright taste profile, and that those who prefer Rocky Road are actually very good listeners," he added.
The study found that people who prefer vanilla are impulsive idealists and those who prefer chocolate are dramatic and flirtatious, while Rocky Road lovers are great listeners.
People who love Praline 'n Cream are loving and supportive and Mint Chocolate Chip fans are cheap and argumentative.
"National Ice Cream Month is the perfect time to enjoy your favorite ice cream flavor, and this year we wanted our guests to have fun by learning what their favorite flavor says about them," Dan Wheeler, Vice President of U.S. Brand and Field Marketing for Baskin-Robbins said in a statement.
"We also can't wait to give one lucky Baskin-Robbins fan the chance to win free ice cream for a year through our National Ice Cream Day Twitter Sweepstakes this Sunday," he added.
What Your Flavor Says About You
- Vanilla: You're more likely to be impulsive, easily suggestible and an idealist.
- Chocolate: You're more likely to be dramatic, lively, charming, flirtatious, seductive and gullible.
- Very Berry Strawberry: You're more likely to be a tolerant, devoted and an introvert.
- Mint Chocolate Chip: You're more likely to be argumentative, frugal and cautious.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: You're more likely to be ambitious, competitive and a visionary.
- Pralines 'n Cream: You're more likely to be loving, supportive and prefer to avoid the spotlight.
- Jamoca (i.e. Coffee): You're more likely to be scrupulous, conscientious and a moral perfectionist.
- Chocolate Chip: You're more likely to be generous, competent and a go getter.
- Rainbow Sherbet: You're more likely to be analytic, decisive and a pessimistic.
- Rocky Road: You're more likely to be aggressive, engaging and a good listener.