Six Reasons Why You Must Eat Garlic
Update Date: Oct 03, 2014 09:06 AM EDT
Garlic has been used for both culinary and medicinal purposes for the last 7,000 years. It still holds the same value and here are some reasons to prove that:
- Garlic is antiviral as well as anti-fungal. It carries a chemical component called 'allicin' which has been shown to prevent the growth of the candida albicans fungus.
- Garlic reduces cholesterol. Studies have proven that its powerful antioxidant properties prevent free radical damage to the arterial lining and stop the formation of scar tissue.
- Eating garlic can also lower blood pressure. It has the ability to decrease platelet stickiness, which helps in making the blood thinner.
- Garlic can also help in regulating blood sugar levels, which is particularly good for people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
- Baked garlic with cress salad mixed with baked potatoes tastes great.
- Garlic also helps in fighting cold and flu. Eat garlic whenever you can in soups and salads. As a roasted vegetable, it also tastes delicious.
© 2017 Counsel & Heal All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.