Six Reasons Why You Must Eat Garlic
Garlic has been used for both culinary and medicinal purposes for the last 7,000 years. It still holds the same value and here are some reasons to prove that:
- Garlic is antiviral as well as anti-fungal. It carries a chemical component called 'allicin' which has been shown to prevent the growth of the candida albicans fungus.
- Garlic reduces cholesterol. Studies have proven that its powerful antioxidant properties prevent free radical damage to the arterial lining and stop the formation of scar tissue.
- Eating garlic can also lower blood pressure. It has the ability to decrease platelet stickiness, which helps in making the blood thinner.
- Garlic can also help in regulating blood sugar levels, which is particularly good for people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
- Baked garlic with cress salad mixed with baked potatoes tastes great.
- Garlic also helps in fighting cold and flu. Eat garlic whenever you can in soups and salads. As a roasted vegetable, it also tastes delicious.