Friday, February 26, 2021
Stay connected with us

Home > Physical Wellness

8-Foot-Long Tapeworm Found in Chinese Woman's Intestines

Update Date: Jun 17, 2014 09:18 PM EDT

A Chinese woman expended an eight-foot-long tapeworm after eating undercooked meat in Southeast Asia.

According to the Daily Mail, Mrs. Li believes she started harboring the worm in her intestines after eating rare beef on her January vacation in Southeast Asia.

Mrs. Li said that the thought of the worm still makes her feel sick.

"It's disgusting and almost makes me faint," Mrs. Li, who is in her 30s and lives in Xiamen, in China's Fujian Province told Chinese media, according to the Daily Mail.

She told reporters that she went to the doctor after she started feeling sick and noticed weird fluids in her stools.

According to The Mirror, Mrs. Li was diagnosed with teniasis - an infection cause by a tapeworm.

According to the Daily Mail, Mrs. Li passed the tapeworm in May after she was treated with traditional Chinese medicines.

Tapeworms are parasites live in the bowels of humans. They are usually flat, segmented and ribbon-like, and infects when its host touches contaminated stools and their mouths, by swallowing food or water that contains traces of contaminated feces or by eating undercooked, contaminated port, beef or fish.

Stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss and malnutrition are all symptoms of tapeworm infections. 

See Now: What Republicans Don't Want You To Know About Obamacare

Get the Most Popular Stories in a Weekly Newsletter
© 2017 Counsel & Heal All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Conversation

Most Popular News

EDITOR'S Choices