8-Foot-Long Tapeworm Found in Chinese Woman's Intestines
A Chinese woman expended an eight-foot-long tapeworm after eating undercooked meat in Southeast Asia.
According to the Daily Mail, Mrs. Li believes she started harboring the worm in her intestines after eating rare beef on her January vacation in Southeast Asia.
Mrs. Li said that the thought of the worm still makes her feel sick.
"It's disgusting and almost makes me faint," Mrs. Li, who is in her 30s and lives in Xiamen, in China's Fujian Province told Chinese media, according to the Daily Mail.
She told reporters that she went to the doctor after she started feeling sick and noticed weird fluids in her stools.
According to The Mirror, Mrs. Li was diagnosed with teniasis - an infection cause by a tapeworm.
According to the Daily Mail, Mrs. Li passed the tapeworm in May after she was treated with traditional Chinese medicines.
Tapeworms are parasites live in the bowels of humans. They are usually flat, segmented and ribbon-like, and infects when its host touches contaminated stools and their mouths, by swallowing food or water that contains traces of contaminated feces or by eating undercooked, contaminated port, beef or fish.
Stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss and malnutrition are all symptoms of tapeworm infections.