‘Pokemon Sun And Moon’ Update: How to Use New Swap Breeding Method For Shiny Pokemon Hunter [VIDEO]
The latest "Pokemon Sun And Moon" update involves an exploit that claims to be more effective in catching Shiny Pokemon. Called the Swap Breeding Method, this takes advantage of the Masuda Method and allows players to catch and breed specific pokemon easier and quicker.
Despite Shiny Pokemon having a low probability of getting caught, fans are spending more time in luring them in because they are rare. The good news is looking for this type has been improved in "Pokemon Sun And Moon" with SOS Chaining and the Shiny Charm. These tools increase the players' chances in catching the elusive Pokemon type, Mic Network wrote.
"Pokemon Sun And Moon" Swap Breeding Method
The new exploit tagged as Swap Breeding Method allows the trainer to hatch or to choose the desired Shiny Pokemon. According to iDigital Times, a trainer must reset and swap their remaining number of eggs required to hatch the same Shiny Pokemon egg.
If a trainer decides to use the Swap Breeding Method, he must do the following steps:
- Prepare a Ditto and a Magikarp, both caught from another country, a Destiny Knot and an Everstone.
- Put Ditto and Magikarp in the nursery room. Medusa Method requires two Pokemon that came from different countries.
- Using the Destiny Knot, a trainer can get the desired IVs by equipping it to the Ditto. However, IVs can also be perfected by using the Hyper Training.
- Equip the Everstone to a Pokemon. This allows the trainer to breed a Shiny on that Pokemon and get the desired nature.
- Make sure to save the game before starting.
- Put foreign Ditto and Magikarp in the Nursery and for them to produce 30 eggs. Collect.
- Remove either of the two from the Nursery to hatch all of the eggs. When no Shiny Pokemon is produced from the hatched eggs, repeat the process.
- If successful, take note of where will the Shiny Pokemon be hatched. It usually comes out either from the 12th or the 20th egg.
- Then, reset "Pokemon Sun And Moon" game without saving.
- Then, swap the Magikarp with the desired Shiny Pokemon.
- Repeat process to get more Shiny Pokemon.