Five Ways To Lower Your Cholesterol
To keep cholesterol under control, medications are often used but experts suggest lifestyle changes can also help keep cholesterol under control. Good cholesterol is important for body as it ensures its proper function. Cholesterol helps digest our food and also helps produce vitamin D, but high cholesterol can prove to be detrimental to our health. Here are some ways to check on cholesterol levels:
1. Ensure that your diet includes a lot of legumes like chickpeas, lentils and beans. These food are believed to lower bad cholesterol.
2. Consume apples on a daily basis. Apples are packed with a host of nutrients and help lower bad cholesterol as well. You can also include oatmeals and high-fibre foods in your meal.
3. Fatty fish are rich in generous doses of omega-3 fatty acids that reduce the risk of developing any types of blood clots.
4. Don't solely depend on food to lower your cholesterol. Make sure that you remain physically active as well. The more you workout, the better it is for your overall health and especially your cholesterol.
5. Lower your alcohol intake to the bare minimum and quit smoking.