Binge-Watching: Reasons Why Reduced Screen Time Is Vital For Health
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) has recently warned the health risks linked with lengthy streaming sessions. It’s high time for binge-watching and viewers can stream their favorite television series and movies without even sacrificing the sleep required to stay healthy and fit.
Responsible watching is key
According to Dr. Ronald Chervin, AASM President, responsible binge-watching is one of the best ways to balance one’s personal entertainment with his/her health and well-being. The professional society based in the United States has included eight procedures for responsible binge-watching, as reported by Newsweek.
• Set an episode limit each night before you begin watching
• Take a break between each episode to get out of the “auto-play” loop
• Schedule time on the weekend to catch up on your favorite shows
• Download episodes on your smartphone to control how many you watch at once
• To minimize the alerting effects of brightly lit screens at night, use one of the apps for your computer, tablet, and smartphone that filters blue light after sunset
• Stream videos to your TV instead of your mobile device at night to reduce exposure to brightly lit, handheld screens
• Avoid using mobile devices while in bed
• Turn off all screens at least an half-hour before bedtime
Effects of too much TV
People are having varied opinions on the habit of watching TV. But one common fact is that excess sitting in front of TV set harms the viewers physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. There are some other important facts that everyone one should know for the benefit of health and mind, as mentioned by Unbounded Spirit.
Mainly watching movies and prolonged TV series feed the mind with lies. Excess watching may break your attunement with reality and have excessive impact on your social, professional, and personal lives. Truly speaking, it’s all about brainwashing people with false information.
While your eyes are surely affected, you spine has a big probability to get stiff for a prolonged sitting infront of TV. On the other hand, manipulating advertisements are sketched in such a way that it surely generates desire in the mind of viewers. In this way, you gradually tend to lose self-judging capabilities as you are always identified with the requirements generated by the advertisers.