Five Simple Ways To Achieve Mental Wellbeing
Mental Wellbeing is about feeling good and functioning well.
Feeling happy, undoubtedly, is a part of mental wellbeing. However, the deeper meaning of well-being is all about living in such a way that is good for us and good for others around us.
In fact, no-one can give wellbeing to you. After all its you who has to take actions. Here are five simple ways that can help you achieve mental wellbeing.
1. Connect: Spend some time in developing the relationships with your family, colleagues and neighbors and try connecting with them.
2. Be active: Find an activity that spell you the most and make it a part of your routine. It may include cycling, playing football, or even going to the gym.
3. Keep learning: Learn new skills as it gives the sense of accomplishments and confidence. You could learn playing a musical instrument or whatever that appeals to you.
4. Give to others: A smile, a 'thank you', or some other kind word all counts. Larger acts such as volunteering at the local community centre can also help in building new social networks, and ultimately your mental well being.
5. Take notice: Take notice of present moment, feelings, thoughts, your body or the world around. "Mindfulness" can positively change the way you feel about life and how you approach challenges.