Two were rushed to the hospital after a tea product was found to have Aconite Leaves, a plant-based poison that can cause lethal health problems.
Toxic metals can cause damage at the cellular level by initiating oxidative stress. This damage can contribute to the development of many diseases and health problems.
The 1-year-old is currently in critical condition and is being treated at the Georgetown University Medical Center. Methadone, an opioid medication, was found to have poisoned the child during a medical evaluation.
Researchers said that toddlers can pick up pills spit out by a pet or eat food containing medications left uneaten in a food bowl. Animals that were treated with lotion or cream can get it on the child's hand and then they might put their hands into their mouths.
The Englewood Hospital and Medical Center's water had high levels of lead, the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) said.
Accidental exposure to energy drinks can result in dangerous health situations for young children, a new study reported.
UK doctors issued a warning regarding the potential dangers of e-cigarette refills for children.
According to researchers from Australia, one Chinese herbal medication could cause heart health problems.
The CDC reported that poisoning cases caused by e-cigarettes have increased dramatically over the past four years.
WHO urges nations to stop producing and selling lead paint.
Researchers from the University of Nevada Las Vegas found high levels of lead in four Mexican brands of hot sauce.
A new study reports that city living safer than country living. The researchers stated that city dwellers are 20 percent less likely to die from a serious injury in comparison to people living in the country.
A reduction in pack size in the U.K. for acetaminophen tablets has decreased the number of people who died or had liver failure cases by as much as 43 percent, says a new study.