Tessa Puma initially had strep throat infection. However, the child got struck with the flu in the previous week and had to go through amputation after complications made her lose a leg because of the flesh-eating bacteria at the Akron Children's Hospital.
The 57-year-old male patient’s skin was stripped from lower back down to his feet by the flesh eating bacteria.
The brave 25-year-old graduate student who tragically lost her hands, feet and her entire right leg in a flesh eating infection has received two state-of-the-art bionic hands.
Researchers from the University of Sheffield School of Health and Related Research (ScHARR) are today making a series of recommendations for NHS mental health trusts to change the way they collect and use patient feedback to improve the quality of care for inpatients.